Financial Aid at The Harbor School
Thank you for your interest in the school's financial aid program.The Harbor School is committed to providing a quality education to an economically diverse student body. Approximately 30% of our students receive financial assistance. In order to make our program affordable to qualified students, The Harbor School offers need-based financial aid awards. Individual grants range from 15% to 75% of tuition.
Financial aid is based solely on financial need. To determine each family's need, the amount of the award is determined by:
- Income of the applicant family,
- Amount of financial aid requested, and
- Financial aid available.
The admission and financial aid processes are independent of each other.
The goal of The Harbor School is to aid those families in need. In return, we ask the recipients of financial aid to:
- Voluntarily discontinue financial aid if their financial condition improves, and
- Make all required tuition payments on time. Any late payments will be assessed a late fee of 1.5% per month. If payments are continuously late, the financial aid agreement may become null and void.
Financial aid requests must be submitted on an annual basis. Applicants will be notified in late March whether their application has been approved and the amount of financial aid to be awarded. Receipt of past financial aid does not guarantee that financial aid will automatically be forthcoming in future years. Late applications for financial aid may be submitted, but it is not guaranteed that aid will be available.
All information relating to financial aid is kept in strict confidence.
The Harbor School uses Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST), a service provided by Independent School Management, to process financial aid requests.
The application process for financial aid is comprised of three parts:
- On-line application (the link will take you directly to the Harbor/FAST website)
- Submission of required paperwork to FAST
- Submission of a letter to the school explaining special situations that may not otherwise be apparent in your submission of financial information to FAST.
The deadline for completing on-line application and paperwork submission is March 1, 2013. This applies to both returning families and new applicants.
FAST Parent User's Guide
The Harbor School has an open admission policy and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, school-administered programs, or employment.