The Harbor School's Preschool program is dedicated to the development of the whole child, encouraging development in all areas - cognitive, social, emotional and physical. Throughout their day, preschoolers receive an appropriate balance of independent choice time and teacher-directed activities.
Expert teachers incorporate play with carefully elected activities that encourage imagination and creativity, while fostering skills development and intellectual curiosity. Children are encouraged to explore and experiment, ask questions, solve problems, and learn to take risks, building a lifelong foundation for learning.
What makes Harbor's preschool unique?
The preschool features include:
- a nurturing, challenging, developmentally appropriate setting that fosters growth and independence.
- active, cross-curricular learning through play and exploration.
- individualized attention: student-teacher ratio of 6:1.
- experienced early childhood educators - two expert teachers in each classroom.
- specials classes: P.E., music, library, World Languages.
- full day or half-day options for 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 year olds.
- Mindfulness and Responsive Classroom
- language-rich environment promotes vocabulary development and pre-reading skills
- hands-on science and math activities
- large and small motor development is encouraged through outdoor play, dance, arts and crafts, and Handwriting Without Tears
- daily sensory experiences