Inquiries regarding the application process are welcome throughout the school year. Please call the Admission Office to receive an application packet or apply on-line.
Each candidate for admission to The Harbor School must complete the following steps in the application process.
• Meet entrance age requirements (see below),
• School visit/tour by parent /guardian,
• Submission of completed application and supplemental materials and $65.00 application fee,
• Student visit,
• Student transcripts and other relevant records from prior school(s), if applicable
• Teacher recommendation, if applicable
For Kindergarten through 2nd Grade, the application and all supporting documents are due by February 1st for admission the following school year.
Admission decision letters are mailed in early-March in accordance with the guidelines of the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS).
Late applicants will be considered based upon availability.
** Limited spaces still available! Please contact us about openings **
For preschool admissions, acceptance is on a rolling basis. Please contact us to inquire about available openings.
Entrance Age Guidelines
|3 years old by February 28 (following year)
4 years old by September 1
5 years old by December 31
5 years old by September 1
6 years old by September 1
7 years old by September 1
Every applicant to The Harbor School will visit the classroom:
• Preschool Threes and Fours: 30-45 minute visit
• Junior Kindergarten: half-day visit
• Kindergarten through Second Grade: full-day visit
During the visit, children spend time in the classroom learning and playing with current students in the grade level into which the child is applying.
June 2: 11:00 AM - 11:00 AM